- Price: $459,900
- Building Size: 1800 sq ft
- Land Size: 5.61 acres
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Garage: 1
- Property Type: Residential
- Property Status: Active
Approximately 45 minutes from Dallas, Texas near Cumby in Hopkins County.
If peace and quiet on a dead-end road surrounded by large neighboring properties is what you are looking for, then look no further! Equipped with massive hardwoods including many varieties of trees growing on the property with 5 mature pecan trees, pear tree, fig tree and recently planted fruit trees (apple, plumb, persimmon and peach) make this is self-sustainable property with great soils to grow a garden. Gorgeous meadows edge the property on 3 sides with amazing views from every window. This would make a great place to retire or get away for the weekend!
Considering the recent ice storms and unreliable electric grid this property fits the need in an unstable world with an off-grid home that can run completely self-sustained. With a water well and solar panels that run off a generator or on conventional electricity on site.
- 3 buildings and fenced on three sides of the driveway to all the buildings – new gravel installed 2020.
- Water well drilled in 2013, it is deep with very excellent plumbing to the metal building and house.
- 12 kW solar system (12 – 320 W Canadian Solar PV panels, 200 AHr Lithium-Ion Battery, top quality inverter/charger, optional off grid electric power configuration (house & metal building) grid electric power optional, 17 kW standby propane generator (house & Metal building)
- 3–500-gallon rented propane tanks
- Water capture system from metal roof with large reservoir/container
- 1,800 Sq. Ft. completely remodeled 2013, 3 bedrooms downstairs, large room upstairs and 2 full bathrooms
- Open floor plan kitchen and living room with a fully enclosed sunroom.
- New HVAC installed 2014; 3 zones downstairs; mini-split system upstairs.
- Flue-less propane fireplace in the living room, 2 functional wood-burning stoves (cook stove in kitchen and warming stove in master bedroom) optional propane emergency heater master bedroom.
- New tankless water heater 3.5 gal/min new in 2019
- Finished Metal building 40’ x 60’ completely remodeled 2013 with office/living quarters, laboratory, full bath, kitchen, vinyl floors, 4” foam insulation on exterior walls Large work area with bay garage door.
- Fully enclosed library on north side Two Emergency propane heaters
- Adjoining concrete apron for trailer parking Small enclosed shop and fully electrified
- Stable area on West side for cows or horses
Property Features & Amenities
Although Texas Hunting Land LLC has obtained the information contained herein from sources it believes to be reliable, and believes the information to be correct, no representations or warranties, express or implied, are made as to the accuracy or reliability of this information. Any references to square footage or acreage are approximate only. The recipient bears sole responsibility for verification of the accuracy of the information contained herein and bears all risk for any inaccuracies. Texas Hunting Land LLC shall have no liability or responsibility to any party for any loss or damage arising from reliance by any party on the information contained herein.